Sterile Processing Coordinator (FT) - Antelope Valley Surgery Center - #337374
Surgical Care Affiliates SCA
Date: 07/22/2021 12:30 PM
City: Lancaster, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are actively hiring for a full-time Sterile Processing Coordinator to join our team!
Antelope Valley Surgery Center is a multi-specialty outpatient surgery center with 4 OR rooms, 8 PACU bays and 6 Pre op rooms located in Lancaster, CA. Want to know more about our Surgery Center Click Here!
No nights, weekends, holidays, or call
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Positive work culture
- Growth and Leadership Opportunities available
- Monthly town halls
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
The Sterile Processing Clerk is responsible for performing the responsibilities of instrument cleaning, processing, and sterilization in accordance with manufacturer recommendations; maintain appropriate logs to meet regulatory and sterilization standards.
- Cleans and assembles instrument trays for sterilization
- Sorts, wraps packages and appropriately labels instruments and supplies
- Makes substitutions for damaged and missing instruments
- Sterilizes supplies via autoclave following manufacturer’s and facility standards
- Checks sterile items for expiration dates and rotates stock
- Reports lost instruments to supervisor
- Observes appropriate standards for cleaning and sterilizing contaminated items
- Monitors autoclaves for proper temperature and working order and reports any malfunctions to supervisor and/or representatives responsible for service and maintenance
- Certification in sterile processing
- 2 years’ experience as a sterile processing technician
- Ability to work within the team
- Physical stamina required
- Good communication skills
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA’s 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.