Retail Foodservice - #337432
Date: 07/22/2021 13:30 PM
City: Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Provides products and services to guests as appropriate to assigned retail location. Follows proper food handling techniques and recipes, delivers excellent customer service, maintains good sanitation and cleanliness practices, and provides customers with an enjoyable experience during all meal periods. Assists with training retail new staff as needed. May be assigned to various retail operation locations on campus.
Primary duties Include:
- Attendants are responsible for positively greeting guests, providing excellent dining experiences and service to customers, preparing quality product utilizing recipes and all necessary equipment, and ensuring unit is well stocked and organized in a neat, clean manner.
- POS register
- Food preparation (cold and hot)
- Non-alcoholic drink preparation
- General utility duties
- Assist in training staff
- Follows HACCP guidelines, Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations, OSHA regulations, safety policies, and ServSafe standards; ensures the cleanliness of prepartation areas, all seating, and serving areas; documents HACCP information such as food and equipment temperatures, times of food batches, packing data for food set-ups on the line, e.g. label information for pre-packaged deli salads.
- Assists guests with food allergies, special requests and customized preparation, and possesses a working knowledge of food ingredients.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure that all facilities and equipment are left in the appropriate condition at the end of each shift.
- Follows proper cash handling policies and procedures.
- Promotes positive relationships within and outside of the department through effective communication.
Other Duties May Include:
- Assist the Retail Operations Manager as needed.
- Detailed cleaning in units.
- Support special events and programs.
- Ensure a safe and inclusive environment is maintained in assigned location.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be ServSafe certified or obtain certification within 1 year
- Experience in a food service operation preferred but not required
A valid Driver's Licence is required. Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.
Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 Clearance
This position is considered "Emergency Staff." As such they may be required to report to work even when the college is closed or is operating under a delayed start.
This position requires employee to stand up to 6-8 hours at a time, climb stairs, lift frequently up to 40 pounds, and twist, bend, and reach constantly.
Advertised Work Schedule
This is a 9 month position (39 weeks); 3 months off Evening and late night hours between 2pm and 3am Weekends Required
Number of hours/day
Number of hours/week
Proposed Start Date
Open Until Filled
Application Review Begin Date
Is this a Temporary Position?
If Full-Time, please specify
9 month full time (39 weeks)
If Part-Time, please specify
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.
Job Type: Full-time