Administrative Assistant, Mental Health & Addiction Services (MusiCares) - #337436
The Recording Academy
Date: 07/22/2021 13:30 PM
City: Santa Monica, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
MusiCares is looking for an Administrative Assistant, Mental Health and Addiction Services that will play an integral role in supporting and executing MusiCares’ mental health and addiction services nationwide. The Administrative Assistant partners with the Managing Director, Senior Directors and/or Client Managers of Mental Health and Addiction Services to create and execute expanded and enhanced services and programs. The position is responsible for several stages of mental health and addiction client service delivery and supporting the expansion of preventive, educational and direct service programs. The position will also be responsible for team administrative support as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Active participant in mental health and addiction recovery service program delivery, including (but not limited to) support for temporary financial assistance for mental health and addiction recovery related issues, disaster relief and all mental health and addiction recovery outreach activities.
- Maintain database of providers, partners and organizations utilized to help support MusiCares Mental Health and Addiction Recovery Services team.
- First point of contact for MusiCares clients. Responsible for answering intake calls for mental health and addiction service related financial assistance requests and conducting client intakes consisting of compiling demographic data and assessing immediate need.
- Initial contact with clients who may present a variety of needs and emotional concerns. Responsible for actively listening and providing excellent customer service to clients, internal and external partners.
- Distribute human services applications, chemical dependency assessments and written client related correspondence.
- Communicate with vendors and clients regarding grant status.
- Process assistance approvals and generate check requests for approved client grants.
- Record, track and maintain mental health and addiction recovery service statistical data. Generate team reports when needed.
- Draft correspondence letters and emails when necessary.
- Assist with the development and implementation of outreach events and opportunities.
- Research potential service opportunities, resources and provider partners.
- Assist with staffing events at conferences and festivals when needed.
- Serve as a liaison with Recording Academy staff and Chapter offices to help promote events.
- Assist in the compilation of weekly records, reports and statistical information as needed for internal and external partners.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic vision and plan.
- Support in compilation, tracking and analyzing statistical departmental data, developing proposals and subsequent departmental reporting for board of directors, grant writing, and internal and external partners.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years-plus administrative experience
- Passion for MusiCares mission and proven servant leadership mindset.
- Comfort working with clients facing mental health, addiction and health related issues.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality and issues of privacy, with the ability to maintain both.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to interact with a variety of different constituents.
- Excellent customer service and organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrives in a collaborative and entrepreneurial business environment.
- Able to maintain composure during high-stress and complex situations, particularly when assisting with client care.
- Adapts well to change, is flexible and open minded, readily takes on new challenges, handles pressure and strong ability to adjust plans to meet changing departmental needs.
- Knowledge of database products and reporting tools.
- Strong computer skills, including MS office suite, Mail Chimp, Event Bright and/or comparable creative suite software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR CERTAIN ROLES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time, and work at a computer for long periods of time.
The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
A friend and ally of the music community, MusiCares safeguards the health and well-being of all music people. A four-star charity and safety net in times of need, MusiCares offers confidential preventative, recovery, and emergency programs to address financial, medical, and personal health issues. Through the generosity of our donors and volunteer professionals, our dedicated team works across the country to ensure the music community has the resources and support it needs.
The Recording Academy, its affiliates and the music industry have a strong culture of inclusion and respect for everyone. The Recording Academy makes intentional, courageous and principled decisions for stronger business outcomes and ensures that all creators and professionals live and work in a fair and safe environment. It is the Recording Academy’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Recording Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race (nor traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. The Recording Academy will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the Recording Academy. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, recruitment, hiring, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
Job Type: Full-time