HR ADMINISTRATOR II (Recruitment and Employment Services Manager) - #337441
State of Maryland
Date: 07/22/2021 13:30 PM
City: Churchton, Maryland
Salary: $57,862 - $92,897 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Human Resource Service. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Annapolis, MD (Anne Arundel County)
This position will serve as the Recruitment and Employment Services Manager for the Department's HR unit. The position is responsible for directing a full range of personnel services and programs in accordance with federal law, State Personnel Management System laws, regulations and policies. The major areas of responsibility are recruitment, testing, employment services, classification and compensation. The position requires expert knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, JobAps and Workday State Personnel Systems. Required knowledge supports the recruitment, testing and personnel transaction activity for all employees and positions within the DNR to ensure timely and accurate results. The Agency supports 1,300+ employees, in addition to 1,000+ contractual employees annually. This position requires the incumbent to maintain the utmost confidentiality regarding all personnel matters
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation
1. Professional HR management work in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the minimum and selective qualifications to be considered. Please include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications
1. One year of experience utilizing web-based recruitment software, JobAps, in the full range of functionality for recruitment and hiring. This experience must include developing a recruitment planner and job announcement; reviewing minimum qualifications and applying appropriate scoring criteria; developing a list of eligible candidates; completing hire details
2. One year of experience utilizing Workday to complete HR processes (i.e. running reports, entering new hires and salaries).
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Work experience using the Maryland Statewide Personnel System (SPS) applications - JobAps and Workday
2. Experience creating a Training and Experience (T&E) assessment
3. Experience with salary negotiations and making offers
4. Experience with the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) and State Personnel and Pensions (SPP) Article
5. Experience advising management on HR policies and procedures
6. Supervisory experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all education and experience related to the essential functions of this position
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education related to this position completely and accurately
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.