Detention Counselor - #337456
Date: 07/22/2021 13:30 PM
City: Drumright, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Detention Counselor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Detention Counselor is a uniformed, security trained member of the Unit Management Team responsible for resolving daily inmate issues before they become significant matters, incidents or grievances. They will ensure that services and programs are delivered to inmates assigned to the unit at a time and manner as designed.
- Maintain a caseload of inmates with the primary purpose of resolving daily living issues before they expand into significant incidents
- Make daily rounds through assigned units talking with staff and inmates, observing operations and interactions between staff and inmates on the unit, ensuring the unit is operating in a safe and secure manner and anticipates situations.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with inmates regarding grievance or potential grievance matters and resolve the situation within the framework of policy.
- Develop an interactive working relationship with inmates that support the informal resolution of inmate issues.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with institution departments built on respect that supports problem solving.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Two years of security experience in a criminal justice field, which preferably includes one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Additional education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran.