Patient Admin Specialist II - Cardiology - #337472
Stanford Health Care
Date: 07/22/2021 13:30 PM
City: Brookdale, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you're ready to be part of our legacy of hope and innovation, we encourage you to take the first step and explore our current job openings. Your best is waiting to be discovered.
This is a Stanford Health Care job.
A Brief Overview
The primary responsibility of the Patient Administrative Specialist is to handle new patient coordination, surgery scheduling, and other front office functions in the outpatient clinical setting. A Patient Administrative Specialist supports any and all administrative tasks related to the daily operations of the clinic.
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- Primary Function:
- Proficiency of level I skills:
- Entry, Front Desk, check-in/out.
- Performs specialized function 80% of work.
- Specialized Functions:
- Master Scheduling,
- New Patient Coordination,
- Authorization Coordination,
- Surgery/Procedure Scheduling,
- Specialized data collection/coordination.
- Level I Duties:
- Greets and welcomes patients and assists them with initial questions regarding appointments, payments, schedules, etc.
- Answers multi-line phone, screens and routes calls, takes messages for clinic staff and physicians. Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before patient sees provider.
- Communicate with providers regarding scheduling preferences, and ability to respond to urgent patient needs.
- Provide doctor-patient support using reference documents and tools.
- Carry out various administrative tasks, including maintaining information and paging directory databases, and processing internal forms.
- Utilize all functionality of the telephone system and electronic medical records systems in performing assigned job tasks.
- Meet/Exceed organizational and department service standards.
- Answers non-clinical CRMs, escalating where appropriate.
- Answers non-clinical patient messages, escalating where appropriate.
- Managing and distributing faxes, mail, and filing of clinic-specific documentation.
- Plus Proficiency In:
- Working with care teams, patients, and outside facilities to obtain necessary information, diagnostic imaging, pathology, and other vital information required for care.
- Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are complete before patient sees provider, in addition to preparing patient medical records for clinic appointments.
- Assists patients and physicians in scheduling ancillary tests before and after clinic visits.
- Assists patients and physicians by scheduling treatment appointments for patients, including surgery, ITA, radiology, etc.
- Ensures that all scheduled patients are eligible for services requested and/or determines patient eligibility.
- Informs patient’s authorization and collects payment for new and returning patients, using the scheduling system.
- Coordinates care by scheduling, editing and maintaining routine patient physician appointments for new and returning patients.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One plus (1+) years’ experience working in a healthcare setting (i.e. hospital, medical/dental office, nursing facilities, etc.)
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience working in customer service within a non-healthcare industry (hospitality, public relations, banking, concierge services, etc.).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Level I KSAs:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
- Ability to provide customer service, solve problems, and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of Windows-based office software, computers and operating systems.
- Ability to adjust communications to fit the needs and level of understanding of the receiver.
- Ability to exercise calmness in stressful situations.
- Basic PC Skills (Windows, Excel, and Word).
- Good communication, customer service, interpersonal skills and cross cultural competency.
- Working knowledge of EPIC or other patient database.
- Ability to foster relationships, build trust with providers, nurses, staff, and patients and to work in a collegial team environment and stressful interactions.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work independently with attention to detail and deadlines scheduling and ITA scheduling.
Licenses and Certifications
These principles apply to ALL employees:
SHC Commitment to Providing an Exceptional Patient & Family Experience
Stanford Health Care sets a high standard for delivering value and an exceptional experience for our patients and families. Candidates for employment and existing employees must adopt and execute C-I-CARE standards for all of patients, families and towards each other. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford’s patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions. Simply put, we do what it takes to enable and empower patients and families to focus on health, healing and recovery.
You will do this by executing against our three experience pillars, from the patient and family’s perspective:
- Know Me: Anticipate my needs and status to deliver effective care
- Show Me the Way: Guide and prompt my actions to arrive at better outcomes and better health
- Coordinate for Me: Own the complexity of my care through coordination
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.