Assessment Coordinator - #337473
Behavioral Health Network, Inc.
Date: 07/22/2022 18:00 PM
City: West Hatfield, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as an Assessment Coordinator in the BHCP program at Behavioral Health Network!
In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy - all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the BHCP program with the following:
- Demonstrate cultural and linguistic competence in dealing with members with a variety of different cultural backgrounds and linguistic needs.
- Educate members regarding the CP program which includes, but is not limited to: benefits and purpose of the CP program, how the assigned CP will work with the member, and importance of engagement and participation of the member within the CP program.
- Complete intake paperwork and any additional specific forms and documents are required in a timely manner.
- Conduct initial and annual health assessments for members in ways that reflect respect and dignity for the individual and their health needs and services.
- Conduct assessments in home or community locations as preferred by individual served.
- Work with individuals served to develop provisional care plans that reflect individual preference and lead to improved quality of life for the individual.
- Attain competence in motivational interviewing and utilizes this approach when working with ambivalence.
- Complete all program documentation within 48 hours of the service date.
- Provide safe and timely transportation in own vehicle, as needed in approved situations.
- Become familiar with Care Management policies & procedures
Who are we?
The Behavioral Health Community Partners (BHCP) team at BHN has extensive experience in managing and coordinating care for adults ages 21-64. It holds each individual at the core of what it does. Through the coordination and integration of care, BHCP assists individuals with medical, behavioral health, or substance abuse concerns in navigating the health care system and improving their health outcomes.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
What are we looking for in an Assessment Coordinator?
- High school diploma required, Community Health Worker Certification and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Bilingual, Spanish and English Speaking (preferred).
- 1-2 years of work experience in a related behavioral health, human services and/or medical field required.
- Knowledge of mental illness, the interface between mental health and medical conditions and systems, substance abuse, and care management.
- Professional demeanor in communicating with members, colleagues and other providers.
- Familiarity with Internet, email systems, and electronic health records (EHRs).
- Reliable and legally registered vehicle required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
How do I apply to be an Assessment Coordinator?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!
BHN maintains its commitment to social justice and diversity and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Get job alerts by email.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Job TypeHealth Care, Nonprofit - Social Services
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.