Human Resources Generalist - Retail & Construction Divisions - #337474
Champion Home Builders
Date: 07/22/2021 14:00 PM
City: Troy, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist Retail and Construction
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary Supports Titan Factory Direct and Champion Construction Service, divisions of Champion Home Builders by administering policies and procedures relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned, and/or certain tasks and/or responsibilities may be allocated as needed.
- Able to support multi-state operations while understanding variations in employment law, requirements, and functions.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and record keeping regulations affecting human resources functions.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and reporting are in accordance with corporate Human Resources guidance/policies.
- Acts as main point of contact for employees within Retail and Construction locations for all HR related matters. Provides timely, positive employee relations experience.
- Handle pre-employment processes, including recruiting efforts, on-boarding, and new hire orientations.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keeps records and helps facilitate timely onboarding and enrollment into company benefits plans.
- Handles set up or update of employee records in payroll system for new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Prepares accurate and timely payroll information that facilitates the locations payroll processing on a centralized basis. Ensures all pre-check payroll reporting is reviewed that support 100% accuracy of locations payroll. Coordinates for pay cards to employees as needed.
- Provides key support and coordination that ensures ongoing tracking of required employee applicant information for required government reporting EEO1.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs and provide direct support and maintenance of workers compensation records for all locations.
- Administers all aspects of leave administration in collaboration with third party vendors and employees that provide timely communication and compliance with federal and state laws as applicable. Oversees and ensure accurate employee leave pay based on company policies.
- Help develop, implement, and maintain employee training and development programs dedicated to needs of Retail and Construction division.
- Supports other functional departments at location with reports as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR or similar experience is required.
- Well versed in all areas of HR compliance including EEOC, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Experience with recruiting at all levels, utilization of on-line and other recruiting tools and applicant tracking systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Intermediate knowledge of UKG Pro HRIS preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently, take initiative and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Up to 10% travel
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in MS Office Suite required and Ulti Pro preferred.
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.