Area Verification and Authorization Specialist - #337478
Option Care Health
Date: 07/22/2021 14:00 PM
City: Moseley, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for processing benefit verification or authorization responsibilities of all new referrals within the expected speed and quality
- Processes benefit verification or authorization for all new referrals with speed and accuracy.
- Assist AVA Supervisor and Manager with special assignments as needed.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NO
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in related experience.
- Ability to multi-task and support numerous referrals/priorities at one time.
- Ability to work in a fast past environment.
- High degree of self-discipline in maintaining productivity expectations.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a high degree of quality focus.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
Healthcare/medical billing experience preferred.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted: Jul 22, 2021