Instructional Assistant 3 Bilingual - Trost - #337488
CANBY SD 86
Date: 07/22/2021 14:00 PM
City: Canby, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is at Trost Elementary, 6 hrs/day (8:30 -2:30), 182 days/year to begin August 24, 2021.
Perform a variety of duties with students and assist teachers and specialists in supporting students with an emphasis in reading, writing, math and/or behavior.
- Under the supervision of the teacher, provide supplemental instruction to small student groups and/or provide one-on-one tutoring of students.
- Plan and consult with team of teachers and administrators.
- Assist with testing/screening of students as requested.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Assist classroom teachers and/or specialists in implementing supplemental education program and behavior management strategies.
- Assist students during recess, lunch, PE, music, transitions to various activities, to and from transportation when arriving and leaving school.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- 72 college level credits or successful completion of a para-professional highly qualified certification or willingness to complete within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff, and community in English and in Spanish.
- Have or obtain first aid card.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Follow district policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships and work in partnership with supervisors, other staff, students, and general public.
- Ability to consistently model appropriate use of spoken and written English and Spanish language.
- Ability to make some independent judgments within prescribed policies and procedures and perform essential functions with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
In addition to salary, the district pays the employee's 6% PERS contribution.
Applicant agrees to assume cost and arrange for FINGERPRINT-BASED CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK upon offer of employment. ($10-$20 at printing; $59 payroll deduction)
Canby School District is an equal opportunity employer and educator. It is the policy of the Canby School District Board of Education and School District that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, national origin, age or disability in any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Human Resources Office at the Canby School District Office, 503-266-7861.