Unit Secretary - Full-time; Day Shift - Monday through Friday - Surgery - Bedford - #337505
Texas Health Resources
Date: 07/22/2021 14:30 PM
City: Bedford, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Unit Secretary – Full-time, Monday through Friday, Surgery Department, GREAT BENEFITS
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for a Unit Secretary like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Bedford
- Work environment: Surgery Department
- Work hours: Full-time, Monday through Friday, rotating weekday hours.
- Salary range: $13.28 - $19.83 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support (required)
- Surgery department experience (highly preferred)
Position Responsibilities Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford Unit are responsible for performing all tasks to meet the needs of physicians, staff, patient, and other customers. Demonstrating acceptable organizational skills, communicating effectively and interaction consideration for patient population with specific needs.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Unit Secretary will
- use Professional Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
- demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit
- Display acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
- organize workload and effectively collaborate with nursing to prioritize care.
- assists with documentation that supports and meets hospital and regulatory requirements.
- take action to reduce/eliminate patient risks.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford Unit Secretary you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THPG a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Unit Secretary
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
- Positively impact patients’ quality of life
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
- Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com