Materials Coordinator - #337514
Date: 07/22/2021 14:30 PM
City: Schiller Park, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position is counting, ordering, and confirming the receipt of assigned product categories. Communication with the production team is essential to keep the production floor running without issue.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for counting and reporting inventories of assigned items. This includes checking expiration dates on all items.
- Create weekly orders with customer for “customer-owned” products. Confirm and communicate delivery to the unit buyer.
- Maintain all specialty customer items and order as needed.
- Receive customer orders into their ERP systems to acknowledge receipt.
- Communicate any possible inventory short falls to unit buyer and help create action plan.
- Work with internal warehouse employees to ensure all items are stored in their proper inventory locations, following corporate FIFO and labeling policies.
- Stay up to date with customer bulletins and changes as how they may affect stocking levels.
- Communicate with Account Managers to meet the needs on the production floor.
High School graduate or GED required
2 years of clerical or data entry experience required
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
Basic computer skills
Basic understanding of PO’s, bill of lading paperwork, and ability to understand customer paperwork
Good verbal, written communication skills
Self-starter with good attention to detail and excellent organization skills
Strong math skills
Good problem solving skills
Language / Communication Skills:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to communicate with multiple employees in a fast paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Materials handling: 2 years (Required)
- fifo: 2 years (Preferred)
- Inventory control: 2 years (Preferred)
- ERP systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- Data entry: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location