Financial Counselor - #337536
Army Transition Assistant Program
Date: 07/22/2021 14:30 PM
City: Victor, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Army Transition Assistance Program (TAP) exists to provide members of the Armed Forces with the highest quality of services, training, and transition support to make their transition from the military into civilian life a success.
The Financial Planning Counselor is the TAP Center's principal provider of financial planning to transitioning Service Members and their Family Members.
Place of Duty: Teammate Dependent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial planning workshops and individual financial counseling to meet the needs of transitioning Soldiers and Family Members prior to their transition from the Active Army or Reserve Components. Provide information on banking, debt management, health care, college saving plans, home ownership, budgeting, use of credit, insurance, investing, tax and estate planning, and other matters that impact the financial readiness of transitioning Soldiers/Families.
- Conduct 4-6-hour financial planning workshops using existing curriculum to groups of approximately 50 Soldiers and Family Members in connection with mandatory TAP Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) / Career Readiness Standards (CRS) activities which includes a budget.
- Coordinate use of classroom, set-up of classroom, and provision of training materials.
- Regularly provide follow-up one-on-one financial counseling to clients who request assistance. During financial counseling, address the specific needs and interests of Soldiers and Family Members, including the evaluation of individual or family income and expenditures and recommendations for short- and long-term actions to achieve financial goals. Assist clients in managing complex financial issues, e.g., relocation, asset allocation, transition/retirement, eviction, garnishment, repossession, etc., and coordinate solutions with applicable military and civilian agencies.
- Prepare monthly reports describing all financial planning activities and record the number of transitioning Soldiers and Family Members attending workshops and individual sessions. Participate in workgroups with other financial planners.
- Assist Contract Installation Manager (CIM) with delivering Commanders reports and notifying clients of eligibility to begin services while also notifying clients of missed requirements for VOW/CRS.
- Participate in marketing activities and employment events as directed by the CIM.
• Other duties: complete all mandatory Government training; safeguard PII; file records according to ARIMS; upload information into integrated Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS; after training received from the Government); participate in sustainment training events as offered.
- Applicants must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- A combination of education and experiences amounting to 1,000 hours of experience in financial counseling
which qualify the applicant for employment as a personal financial counselor
- Applicants must possess and maintain a nationally recognized and accredited Financial Counselor certification in
accordance with DoDI 1342.22.
- Have experience with:
- Managing client caseload
- Conducting group financial planning workshops and one-on-one financial counseling (face-to-face or virtually)
- Generating training materials
- Preparing individual budgets
- Scheduling, Coordinating, and Setting-up classrooms including audio-visual requirements
- Must have intensive problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer services skills required.
- Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check)
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with software packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of the TAP program
- Curriculum development experience.
- Experience working with the military or with the government’s Transition Assistance Program
Fort Carson CO