Complex Technical Claims Specialist - #337550
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Date: 07/22/2021 15:00 PM
City: Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
Salary: $85,100 - $123,201 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- As the claims owner, determines coverage, investigates the claims, determines liability, sets and adjusts reserves, evaluates the claim, negotiates a settlement, authorizes and pays the claim; may deny claims
- Review lawsuit documentation and supporting documents, claims file, investigation, etc. Establish actions to be taken to resolve lawsuit. Includes determining loss coverage, amounts owed, discovery plans, setting reserves and negotiations.
- Establish appropriate working team (Home Office Legal, Defense Counsel and Home Office Claims) based on allegations established in suit.
- Responsible for managing the practices and billing activities of outside counsel. Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as well as security information contained in claims files.
- Trains and mentors staff as appropriate; manages relationships and acts as liaison with various business partners (e.g., Underwriting, Reinsurance, Etc.)
- Keeps abreast of existing and proposed legislation, court decisions and trends and experience pertaining to specialty coverage issues. May analyze the impact upon claims policies and procedures and advises Claims Management so appropriate action can be taken where required
- Leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of commercial casualty claims investigation, coverage, reserving, expense management, resolution strategy, negotiation, litigation management, claims evaluation as well as the insurance legal and regulatory environment
- Advanced to expert level of skill in the area of customer focus, gaining support, team work, and adaptability
- Expert ability to identify and solve problems, achieve results and execute thoroughly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, mentor other employees, and serves as a subject matter expert as normally acquired through 7 or more years of experience.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
High School Diploma/GED