Electrical, Hardware, and Network Specialist (EHN) Specialist - #337552
CCSD 168 District Office (High-Needs School)
Date: 07/22/2021 15:00 PM
City: South Chicago Heights, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- JobID: 543
- Provides maintenance, support and upgrade of servers, desktop PC, hardware, software, operating systems and distributed printers.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Operates and monitors computer equipment. Performs routine tasks to maintain computer equipment and their peripherals. Observes peripheral equipment and error messages displayed on monitor of terminal to detect faulty output or machine stoppage. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Reports directly to and its evaluated by the Technology Specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to WAN/LAN. Recommends and schedules repairs. Provides end users support for all WAN/LAN based applications. Installs and configures workstations.
- Tests new software for possible implementation.
- Installs, configures and maintains organization’s operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware, Windows servers, and application software. Detects, diagnoses, and reports Windows servers related problems on both Windows server and Windows desktop systems.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems as directed by the Technology Specialist.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups and directed by Technology Specialist.
- Provides support to instructional staff in the use of technology in the classroom.
- Maintains district web page and assists buildings webmasters as needed.
- Participates on the Technology Committee and technology plan writing sessions.
- Guards the confidentiality of all information which may come through this office. Breach of this trust shall be grounds for dismissal.
- Performs other such duties as assigned by the Technology Specialist.
- Certificate or higher in technology hardware and
- Certificate or higher in computer networking
- Or have a degree which encompasses Electronics, Hardware and Networking
- Knowledgeable in HTML Web design
- High degree of knowledge in Windows operating systems and MS Office
- Software and operating systems troubleshooting skills
- Work experience in networking, computer hardware and school technology services
CCSD 168 District Office
Title: TECHNOLOGY EHN SPECIALIST
Job Focus: To provide and maintain technical assistance district wide
Line of Supervision: Responsible to and evaluated by the Technology Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 245 days per year. Salary and other benefits in accordance with the classified staff collective bargaining union agreement.