User Support Specialist I - #337555
Date: 07/22/2021 15:00 PM
City: Chanhassen, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
With 50 years of data-driven direct marketing experience, IWCO Direct offers the services, resources, and expertise our clients need to power successful, omni-channel marketing campaigns. With locations in Chanhassen, MN, Little Falls, MN, Hamburg, PA and Warminster, PA, IWCO Direct is an equal opportunity employer valuing safety, integrity, innovation, engagement, perseverance, diversity and teamwork.
The primary objective of the User Support Specialist I position is to act as the corporate focal point for end user requests for IT help.
Responsibilities also include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Assist with new user setup, office moves, and other general projects.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in the Call Tracking System (Trackit!).
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Implement individual objectives set by IT Support and Services Manager.
- Follow procedures set forth by IT department members to correct problems.
- Responsible for communicating status reports to users for issues without quick resolution.
- Ensure quality standards are met for excellent customer service. Assure that all customers receive consistently professional and pleasant service.
- Contribute ideas and/or suggestions to strengthen and improve the Information Technology department policies.
- Perform at all times with IWCO Direct's philosophy of "best practices", to assure ownership for the responsibilities herein, as well as commitment to the company's overall success and reputation.
- Adhere to IWCO Direct policies, including to Information Security policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience/Education Requirements:
- Degree in the field of computer science or 2 years of work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working with computers in an office environment and with remote clients.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, desktop and server operating systems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate with less technical users.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of help desk processes and help desk management / ticketing software is a plus.
- Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, handling and prioritizing multiple competing assignments and following through to resolution with little assistance.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.