Charge Registered Nurse - Medical Specialty Unit - #337557
Swedish Health Services
Date: 07/22/2021 15:00 PM
City: Issaquah, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Charge Registered Nurse (0.9 FTE, Night SHIFT) to work in Medical Specialty Unit at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Responsible for the workflow of the unit under the direction of the unit management team. Determines unit priorities for assigned timeframe with regard to patient care, patient flow (bed control), staffing and distribution of resources. Responsible for ensuring adherence to standards and regulations.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate patient care activities on the nursing unit, provide immediate clinical oversight of staff members, and ensure that all daily departmental activities are completed, including on–going monitoring activities. Make and adjust patient care assignments based on patient care needs. Coordinate emergency interventions, clinical and administrative escalation as needed including communication to unit leadership as appropriate.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve. Work closely with patients, families, staff members, and providers to obtain or disseminate information, provide education, and act as a clinical resource. Serve as a resource to staff on the unit to intervene on their behalf when needed, identify immediate resources, and communicate ongoing needs to shift or unit leadership.
- Serve as role model for staff and assists staff in following established, best practice standards. Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community. Is a mentor for all members of the team facilitating orientation within the unit. Where applicable, collaborate with department management team, provide informal input into the evaluation of staff performance.
- Actively participate in performance improvement activities within the unit and with other departments. Investigate family and patient complaints and facilitates service recovery. Assure completion of required reporting involving patients and/or staff and is involved in follow-up as appropriate. Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; use data and evidence to improve patient outcomes and work flow processes. Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Model ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- One (1) year experience with like population of hiring unit and demonstrated leadership accomplishments
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
- Previous charge nurse experience, to include leading teams
About the Issaquah Campus:
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Work Locations: Issaquah Main Bldg (WA171) 751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah, 98029
Req ID: 305278