Maintenance Trainee - #337572
Date: 07/22/2021 15:00 PM
City: Jackson, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under direct supervision, the Maintenance Technician is an intern in the Maintenance Department who trains with a multi-skilled, multi-craft technician, to learn how to work independently and to use judgement to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and building systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other predictive maintenance actions.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
- MT applicants must complete ACT WorkKey's aptitude tests and achieve the scores noted:
- Reading for Information Level 5
- Applied Math Level 5
- Applied Technology Level 4
- Advancement Criteria based on the following:
- Minimum level duration of 3 months
- Completion of 8 iKnow Modules per the level Verification Sheet
- Applied Technology Level 5
- Two attempts to achieve Level 5 for the AT assessment will be administered. First attempt shall occur no earlier than 3 months from MT entry date. Second and final attempt will be administered at the 6 month mark.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- 6 months of experience in industrial maintenance; or a combination of Technical school degree, craft certification, or completion of maintenance skills/craft courses and experience in industrial maintenance
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.