Junior High Volleyball Coach - #337588
Northwest Regional Education Service District
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: Bay City, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- JobID: 2158
Nestucca Valley School District
Nestucca Valley School District
Position Title: Junior High Volleyball Coach
Reports To: Head Coach, Athletic Director and Principal
Supervises: Student athletes
Salary: Per negotiated Contract
Under the supervision of the Head Coach supervises student athletes. An employee is this position works from school, board and OSAA policies to implement the sports program. The job goal is to carry out the program planned by the head coach; to be of whatever assistance that is required such as scouting; attending coaching meetings and coaching junior high teams; and to perform delegated duties set forth by the head coach. To foster in each athlete physical skills, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasure of sports, and the principals of fair play.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Others may be assigned
1. Adheres to the policies of the Board of Education, District building standard practices and guidelines, the OSAA and the North West League.
2. Attends all meetings scheduled by the principal, athletic director, and head coach.
3. Completes an injury report within 24 hours after an athlete has been referred to a medical doctor or hospital.
4. Fosters positive school-community relations and promotes athletic program using good communication and a positive relationships with students, parents, other members of the community, and the media.
5. Assumes the responsibility of organizing practices where needed.
6. Publicizes the sport and encourages student participation by personal contact.
7. Demonstrates the ability to provide effective individual/group instruction.
8. Helps to ensure the safety of athletes by checking equipment used and emphasizing safety precautions.
9. Demonstrates an understanding knowledge of current rules and regulations regarding the sport as presented by the OSAA endorsed rule book.
10. Keeps abreast of new coaching developments, innovative ideas and techniques by attendance at clinics, workshops, and reading relevant materials.
11. Demonstrates an understanding knowledge of the North West League found in athletics handbook.
12. Follows the Nestucca High School "Athletic Guidelines and Procedures" for pre-season, season, and post-season regulations.
13. Encourages the care and maintenance of facility and equipment by following the Nestucca High School "Facility Guidelines" information found in athletics handbook.
14. Assists in the security of activity area and building keys.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
17. Position requires reliable and dependable attendance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required
1. Ability to organize
2. Ability to supervise students
3. Currently certified in first-aid/CPR, or willingness to gain certification.
4. Knowledge of the sport and has the ability to teach the sport to students.
5. Ability to foster positive human relations
6. Pass OSAA certifications.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Athletic Director with assistance from building principals.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time, as it deems advisable.
The Nestucca Valley School District is an equal opportunity employer and provides services to the public on an equal opportunity basis and does not discriminate in employment or the provision of public services on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, citizenship or marital status. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities or individuals with limited proficiency in English. Contact the District Office for assistance.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Human Resources Officer at 503-392-3194 x403 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.