Executive Assistant I - Temporary Solutions - #337592
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: Raleigh, North Carolina
Salary: $25 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor's Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary's skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency's culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This temporary position is located in Raleigh - Wake County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered with this position. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Job Order Hourly Rate of Pay: $25.00 (Based on education and/or years of relevant work experience reflected on the application)
This temporary position will be assigned to the Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Secretary.
Duties will include:
- Primarily responsible for providing administrative and project support including coordinating office activities, maintaining project files, maintaining appointment calendars, keeping the Team apprised of meeting times and deadlines, preparing minutes, letters, presentations, reports and other materials of an important or confidential nature from general instructions or personal knowledge and research
- Primary Receptionist for the HR Main phone line – Respond to/ forward voicemail messages, log calls on Smartsheet to resolution, distribute incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail, handling distribution of received faxes, Verification of Employment requests, Notify front desk re: expected visitors
- Works very closely with other HR Executive Assistant(s) and cross-trains to fill in when other HR EA(s) are out-of-the-office or need assistance
- Build successful working relationship with others and provides an inclusive and integrated environment that is consistent with the goals and objectives of the division and the department
- Maintain strict confidentiality, exercise a great deal of discretion and judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, comprehensive organizational skills, and the ability to maintain balance and meet deadlines among multiple priorities and under pressure at times.
- Work independently and with teams effectively
- May schedule executive and business team meetings, schedule interviews, contact candidates, follow up on meeting action items, schedule conference rooms, schedule virtual meetings, and assist with the administration of record keeping, minutes, and status reporting
- Review, submit, and track travel reimbursement paperwork
- Assist with on-boarding/off-boarding for new HR hires/separating HR staff to include submit IT tickets to request computer equipment re-imaging, temp job order requests, badge requests, first day forms. HR staff members and assist with onboarding/off-boarding for the HRDD’s section staff
- Maintain adequate levels of supply. Notify EA to order when supply is low. Receive supplies timely upon arrival, distribution or storing of supplies.
- Invoice submissions –submit through DocuSign for signatures, request signature as acknowledgement of receipt as well as submit for invoice approval & signatures. Log and track invoices submitted into SMARTSHEET log / when paid – update log with check #, paid date, amount paid, etc. (from XCLOUD)
- Maintain and update directories for Central HR and Division & Facility HR Field Staff
- Submit Maintenance work order requests to the 1st Floor Adams Building Receptionist
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in posting and/or supplemental question(s) to be considered. NOTE: "See Resume" is not acceptable to show work history.]
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines, managing complex projects with multiple conflicting priorities and stressful situations with confidence
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
- Thorough knowledge of office management techniques; skilled in organizing workflow and coordinating activities
- Proven effective communication techniques both orally and in writing, including the ability to coordinate a variety of resources in gathering information and independently answering inquiries with a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Considerable knowledge of effective practices and ability to plan and supervise the work of others
- Able to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to resolve problems and questions, independently
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, officials, the press, stakeholders and the general public
- Proven ability to read and interpret a variety of correspondence, reports, forms, manuals, etc. and to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, meeting minutes, etc., using prescribed formats and conforming to rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
- Flexible and possess a good tolerance for ambiguity
- Significant experience supporting C-Suite type / level executives
- HR Experience
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion required
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or a related discipline from an appropriately accredited institution; or
Associate’s degree in secretarial science, business administration, or a related discipline from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or
High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and four years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Management Preference: Candidate with four-year degree