Systems Administrative Specialist - #337594
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc.
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: Woodbridge, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Summary: The Systems Administrative Specialist works as a full-time employee of Zeiders Enterprises (Zeiders) at the corporate headquarters. Responsible for assisting with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and administration of existing enterprise network systems. Provides tier two and tier three support to enterprise users. Monitors the network and reports system failures. Performs updates, patches, and installations for assigned servers and end-user components. Configures hardware and software and troubleshoots technical issues. Responds to escalated user trouble tickets. Configures machine and user profiles, permissions, and application access. Administers Active Directory, fail-over, and backup/recovery systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day administration, operation, and maintenance of Dell systems and Microsoft operating systems – both desktop and server.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance support to identify and correct performance, and implementation failures, faults, or defects that impair system/equipment performance and functionality. Assist in the resolution of user questions/problems about installed systems and equipment.
- Maintains Service Desk Tier 2-3, Support Home Office and remote users with Connectivity issues, installation of software, Troubleshoot Windows 10 issues.
- Support Ticket system (Request Tracker (RT4).
- Support scripting and inventory on KACE 1000
- Windows Servers maintenance, Installation, Initial configuration, Patching (Windows 2008 and Windows 2012).
- Manage user accounts including creating, modifying, and deleting based on the company’s policies.
- Implements IT processes such as Shared Email permissions, personnel actions, and software requests.
- Assist in the performance of preventative maintenance to adjust, maintain, or otherwise improve performance or enhance the overall maintainability of the end-user systems/equipment
- Assist in the investigation of security issues and the discovery of root causes of system failures.
- Assist with integration services, including, integrating new hardware, software, and or networks.
- VMware, creation of new Virtual machines. Modification of VM Hardware. Patching of Environment.
- Assis with SCCM and Smart Deploy Imaging implementation and maintenance.
- Management and maintenance of the enterprise UCaaS.
- Other applications Ultipro, Deltek, Unanet, Team Viewer.
- Assist with inventory management and provisioning for computers, tablets and Cell phones, and accessories.
Information Assurance and Security
- System Log auditing and monitoring (Splunk)
- Monitor various tools for and investigate suspicious network activity
- Acts as backup for management, purchases, renewals, and revokes for Medium Assurance ECA certificates as a Trusted Correspondent.
- Installation and strong knowledge on troubleshooting of ECA Certificates and utility software (Identrust and ActivClient).
- Site owner for SharePoint
- Site collection administrator for departmental and corporate intranet
Documentation and Processes
- Standard Operating Procedures creation and management
- IT Change Management documentation
- Maintain & Enforce the System Maintenance and Patch Management Calendars
- Maintain direct relationships with vendors and keep renewal up to date.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Certifications
- Must possess a High School diploma with 4 years of Information Technology work experience, OR Associates degree with 3 years Information Technology work experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field with 2 years of Information Technology work experience.
- Must have or be able to achieve within 6 months Security+ CE or Network+ CE
- Familiarity with server virtualization
- Familiarity with hosted data center operations
- Professional experience with supporting 250+ users
- Experience with “deskside support” in both remote and face-to-face situations
- *MUST* be able to demonstrate patience with non-technical end-users especially in remote and phone-based support
- Working knowledge of network management protocols and network architecture
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule to respond to business needs
- Customer service orientation
- Proactive and self-starter
- Excellent problem solving and user communication skills both written and verbal especially on the phone
Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses a personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers, and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer