Patient Access Hospital Specialist - Intermountain - Logan Regional Hospital, Logan (Part Time) - #337603
R1 Revenue Cycle Management
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: Logan, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Shift Days- Monday, Wednesday, Friday; Shift Hours: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Patient Access Hospital Specialist will be responsible to perform various functions to support hospital units and ambulatory departments with patient flow management, ensure financial regulatory requirement are met. Responsibilities may also include cashiering duties following Intermountain accounting policies.
The successful candidate demonstrates a high level of customer service behavior and ability to problem-solve, is self-motivated and flexible
- This position may perform one or more of the following duties
- Assists ambulatory departments and inpatient nursing units in transferring and placing patients in correct locations in iCentra
- Ensures inpatients are registered timely with updated and accurate information
- Ensures consent and other regulatory documents are signed by the patient within accepted timeframes
- Performs duties in imaging to support the filing and appropriate sharing of information with other providers (this item is specific to Logan hospital)
- Take and accurately receipt cash and cards for patient payments
- Accept and verify payments to hospital departments
- Prepare hospital deposits
Follow all Intermountain Accounting policies
- Assists with iCentra patient FIN issues (merging, cancelling, etc.) and escalate to manager/supervisor as needed
- Registering patients
- High School diploma or GED
- Customer Service
- Computer savvy with experience navigating between multiple systems simultaneously
- Must have MS Office Experience and excellent typing skills Must have a high degree of customer service skills
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- iCentra Registration Experience
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Completed a Medical Terminology class Certification in healthcare access preferred
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
R1 RCM Inc. ("the Company") is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company's employment practices , including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com