Technical Support Specialist - #337606
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: Riverview, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by: (1) sending an e-mail to HR@metrohmusa.com or calling 813-316-4735 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Do you love chemistry and enjoy working with analytical instruments? Do you want more personal interaction and the ability to solve technical problems?
The Technical Support Specialist will work with all operational aspects of Metrohm equipment, as well as major applications, and serves as our primary resource when complex technical issues arise. As a member of the Technical Support team this position provides support for multiple product lines using email, telephone and remote access software.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced problem solver to join a dynamic team. Periodic opportunities to work with our applications lab, participating in repairs or custom instrument builds in our service center, and the occasional customer site visits ensures functional variety and will help keep your mechanical skills honed.
This position is based in our Riverview, FL facility.
It's an exciting time at Metrohm USA!
We are the North American division of world-renown Metrohm AG (Herisau, Switzerland), an industry leader in laboratory instruments and accessories for analytical testing/research. We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in Riverview, FL (Tampa area). It’s your chance to be a part of a dynamic team and make an immediate impact!
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will:
- Provide technical support via phone queue, e-mail, etc., to internal partners and external customers and partners
- Coordinate with sales and service teams to provide effective resolutions of issues for customers and partners
- Identify when and if onsite service is needed
- Identify application-oriented issues
- Maintain and update customer data and information
- Establish and maintain positive working relations with all customers
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation in customer files
- Support field service specialists and sales representatives with technical information
- Support, train and teach others
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Experience and Education:
A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Chemistry or related field from a four-year college or university; two to four (2-4) years of related work experience with chemistry based instruments; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience includes hands-on operation or support of products such as: Titration, Ion Chromatography, Raman and Near Infrared Spectroscopy, Electrochemistry, and/or Process instrumentation. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Working knowledge of schematics and common engineering principles and terms
- Ability to interpret electrical diagrams and engineering documents
- Ability to identify cause and effect relationships and address root causes of issues
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies and/or members of the business community and maintain customer relationships
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Why Work for Us?
Our innovative, high quality products are found in laboratories of all kinds: academic, industrial, research, quality control, processing, manufacturing and scale-up and all over the world, although our efforts concentrate on North America. As part of a global entity and growing organization you will be part of a progressive and high-energy team, focused on bringing quality products to market and excelling in quality customer service. We provide a professional, dynamic environment and offer competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package.
These benefits include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision
- Basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
- Short- and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal days
- 401k savings
- And more!
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and contact information.
Metrohm USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Metrohm USA, Inc. is a federal contractor with a commitment to engage in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Metrohm USA, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.