Registered Dietitian I - #337611
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: Dunwoody, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Registered Dietitian I
ATH-Clinical, 41 Perimeter Center East, Suite 400, Dunwoody, Georgia, United States of America Req #1522
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
About Veritas Collaborative
Veritas Collaborative is a national healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives
Come join our team! Seeking a Registered Dietitian responsible for the provision of optimal nutrition therapy to all patients by conducting detailed nutrition assessments, developing care plans, monitoring on-going medical conditions, providing nutrition education, and participating in multi-disciplinary rounds/communication in order to provide superlative patient care and nutrition education to patients, patient families and staff.
Full Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Active member in the American Dietetic Association required
- Certification IAEDP preferred or in process of completion
- Current Certifications Required or ability to obtain certifications of: Basic Life Saving (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), First Aid (FA), Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI Blue Card)
- At least one year of clinical experience in a behavioral health setting
- Experience in treating eating disorders preferred
- Strong knowledge of EMR systems; Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Suite; and other electronic platforms
Licensure: Current/Active Licensed Registered Dietetics/Nutrition
• Completes nutritional assessment including:
• Assesses initial nutritional state, nutrition needs, identifies nutrient requirements according to age, disease, and individual needs
• Assesses adequacy and appropriateness of dietary intake including nutrient imbalance, avoidance or excessive intake of certain foods or food groups as a means of manipulating or controlling weight
• Evaluates use of compensatory behaviors including exercise, vomiting, colonic cleanses, diuretic use, laxative use, diet pill use, and/or insulin adjustments
• Develops patient-centered nutrition care plan based on nutritional assessment
• Creates and implements individualized meal plan designed to meet identified nutritional needs
• Documents all patient-related care and encounters in the patient electronic record in a timely manner
• Provides individualized nutrition therapy to all assigned patients including:
• Develops individualized nutrition care plan based on nutritional assessment
• Evaluates appropriateness of nutrition care plan and intervention
• Communicates nutrition care plan with the treatment team to ensure coordination of care
• Provides individualized nutrition counseling to both individual patients and their families/community of support
• Provides aftercare planning including communication with outpatient dietitian to ensure coordination of care
• Provides group nutrition education as assigned
• Provides active meal coaching and support for patients and families, including participating in and completing meals as appropriate and as assigned
• Documents all nutrition care in a clear, concise, professional and timely manner
• All other duties as assigned
At Veritas Collaborative, all full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Paid-Time Off and 401(k)
- Pay Type