Human Resources Administrative Assistant Encore Boston Harbor - #337616
Wynn Las Vegas
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: North Weymouth, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Encore Boston Harbor features 210,000 square-feet of gaming space including more than 3,000 slot machines and 240 table games. Situated on the Mystic River in Everett, Massachusetts, and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor boasts 671 spacious hotel rooms, a spa, salon and fitness center, specialty retail shops, 15 dining and lounge venues and more than 50,000 square feet of ballroom and meeting spaces. The grounds feature a six-acre Harborwalk with pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the waterfront, an event lawn, public art and ornate floral displays. It is the largest private, single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Encore Boston Harbor Administrative Assistant of Human Resources will be responsible for performing administrative and office support activities for the Vice President of Human Resources and other Human Resources team members. Specific responsibilities include receiving and assisting department visitors, scheduling meetings, facilitating internal and external correspondence, note taking, and department record keeping. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest, candidate, and team member experience.
- Adheres to all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards.
- Follows all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Fields telephone calls using professional phone etiquette, receives and assists visitors, uses word processing, creates spreadsheets and presentations, files, and faxes.
- Assists with all aspects of administrative management, human resources, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage.
- Manages inventory of assets and supplies, monitors critical level of stocks, sources for suppliers and submits invoice(s).
- Coordinates between departments and operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, interviews, events and other similar activities.
- Sends out and receiving mail and packages; document handling, sending faxes, and managing files.
- Prepares business correspondence using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Coordinates and books travel.
- Prepares meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Works on special projects as assigned by executive management.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred. Requires strong computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Minimum 40 words per minute typing skills required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher various reports and create and maintain reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the property floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Regular and consistent attendance required.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
For more information, visit encorebostonharbor.com or follow Encore Boston Harbor on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.