Store Associate- Full-time- $15 per hour - #337623
Williams Lumber and Home Centers, Inc.
Date: 07/22/2021 15:30 PM
City: Shandaken, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Summary: Under the supervision of the Retail Store Manager or Department Head, engages customers and offers assistance in finding products in the store. In addition, Store Associates are responsible for stocking, merchandising, and cleaning of their assigned department or store location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Welcoming customers and offering assistance in locating products.
- Offering customer service over the phone
- Suggesting products for customers to use in order to complete their projects, and the proper uses of such products.
- Utilizing vendor catalogs and web-sites to locate special order items for customers.
- Accurately creating customer orders and following up on the ordering process of items included on customer orders.
- Transferring stock from back-stock areas to the sales floor.
- Stocking shelves with product.
- Assisting customers in other departments when needed.
- Performing tasks assigned by Store Manager or Department Head
- Performing tasks in order to satisfy customer needs (i.e.: mixing paint, cutting keys, cutting copper, etc.)
- Fronting, facing, and straightening product throughout the day.
- Rotating perishable stock (i.e.: Pet food, Bird Seed, Potato Chips, etc.)
- Cleaning assigned Department or Store including sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Merchandising product to promote items and increase sales.
- Communicating pricing errors, out of stock situations, customer complaints, or any other pertinent information to the department head.
- Cleaning, straightening, and organizing back-stock areas.
- Assist, and communicate with fellow employees when needed.
- Striving to expand one’s product knowledge through training classes and listening to knowledgeable co-workers.
- Proficient in data entry
As with all other jobs, other duties may be assigned. Management reserves the right to reassign an individual in this position to another position in the interest of efficient personnel utilization.
Job Type: Full-time