Bingo Auditor - #337641
State of South Carolina
Date: 07/22/2021 16:00 PM
City: Leesville, South Carolina
Salary: $34,331 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) helps move South Carolina forward by collecting 95% of the state's General Fund. Committed to making compliance easy for taxpayers, and valuing excellence, collaboration, and professionalism, we work to be an innovative and trustworthy partner for taxpayers, businesses, and tax professionals. With excellent benefits and opportunities for training and advancement, we are dedicated to developing, retaining, and valuing a competent, productive, and diverse workforce.
The Bingo Auditor conducts audits in the area of Bingo gaming operations and Tax Exempt Organizations acting as sponsors of Bingo.
- Conduct audits of Bingo operations to determine compliance with Article 24-Regulations of Bingo Games using the Bingo Audit Program
- Conduct audits of Tax Exempt Organizations who hold a bingo license in SC to determine how distribution funds received from the SCDOR are being used by the Distribution Audit Program
- Conduct annual audits of Gambling Vessels to verify the accuracy of the monthly reports submitted to the SCDOR to determine compliance with Chapter 11 – Gambling Cruise Act
- Prepare concise and factual reports which disclose the scope, issues, and results of the audits
- Confer with license holders and/or their legal representatives in regards to completed audits
- Give assistance in litigation of Bingo cases
Requires the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing, tax or a combination. Up to three of these 12 semester hours may be in business law
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel
- Academic degrees must be from an accredited institution of higher learning
College transcript required for consideration. Transcripts may be attached to the application or emailed to Employment.SCDOR@dor.sc.gov.
Background Check: SCDOR employees are required to comply with all SCDOR tax requirements and are subject to a National Criminal Background Check to include fingerprinting.
EEO: It is the policy of the SCDOR to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation.
Check out all the benefits of being an employee for the State of South Carolina here!