Teacher, Kindergarten - #337680
DeKalb County School District
Date: 07/22/2021 16:30 PM
City: Klondike, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Idlewood Elementary (225)
Address: 1484 Idlewood Road, Tucker, 30084
Job Posting #:
Open For Hire
Expected Start Date:
Last Change Date:
Idlewood Elementary School is seeking a Kindergarten Teacher, who utilizes best practices to increase student achievement. The primary responsibility is to implement, deliver and promote high academic expectations to all students. The ideal candidate must work collaboratively with team members and must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Title: Teacher, General Education
Provides quality instruction and implements the curriculum for assigned students; establishes, fosters, facilitates and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Teaches grade relevant, subject matter specific and mandated curriculum.
- Prepares lesson plans, instructional aids, and supplemental teaching materials.
- Assesses, documents and prepares reports such as achievement progress, grade and classroom performance, and attendance.
- Participates in student development and achievement related conferences with parents, students, counselors, teachers, principal, and/or administrators.
- Performs general instruction coordination duties such as ordering materials, attending meetings, and engaging in various forms or correspondence.
- Attends professional learning sessions and/or required conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university in relevant educational field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field at level T-4 or above required.
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved subject-specific endorsements required.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website at https://pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to The Division of Human Capital Management
The following information will be requested during the course of the online application. Failure to provide full information will disqualify your application from consideration
The DeKalb County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability in any of its employment practices, educational programs, services or activities. Individuals who desire accommodations on the basis of a disability should contact any Human Resources Administrator.