Lift Maintenance Technician I l Full-Time Year-Round - #337699
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc
Date: 07/22/2021 16:30 PM
City: Rowe, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Lift Maintenance Technician I l Full-Time Year-Round
Please note that this position is based in Warren, VT, and requires relocation for candidates that do not reside within commuting distance.
RESPECT l INTEGRITY l TEAMWORK l SUSTAINABILITY
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges at Sugarbush and across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents.
- Discounted rates at non-Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Free golf and health & recreation center membership for eligible employees and their dependents.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor gear.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Employee housing (subject to availability)
Sugarbush Resort is seeking Lift Maintenance Technicians to join our Mountain Operations team. Lift Maintenance Technicians ensure the safety and reliability of our lifts by monitoring, maintaining and repairing lift equipment in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations. The ideal candidate holds a competent mechanical/electrical skill set and demonstrates an ability to positively work as part of a larger team. We are willing to train the right candidates and have extensive resources available.
- Maintain and repair all lift equipment, ranging from conveyors to high-speed detachable quads.
- Duties during the winter operating season include regularly scheduled maintenance, pre-operational, mid-day, weekly, and monthly inspections as well as responding to lift breakdowns.
- The summer season includes a thorough inspection of all lift components, tower work, and grip and chair maintenance.
- Work on hydraulic systems, braking systems, rigging, gasoline and diesel engines up to 900 Hp, as well as low voltage safety circuits.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of mechanical or electrical experience.
- Detachable lift experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work under timelines and pressure.
- Must be able and willing to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Adherence to all safety policies and procedures is a must.
- This job requires the ability to climb and work at substantial heights and in all kinds of weather.
- Must be able to lift and carry loads up to 100 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license necessary.
- Requires working on weekends and holidays.
- Must recognize and adhere to safety concerns and established protocol.
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check