Group Analyst - #337706
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
Date: 07/22/2021 17:00 PM
City: Sterrett, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Underwriting is responsible for rate and financial risk analysis, projecting claims and administrative costs for new group business, as well as, renewing group business. This department establishes new groups files on the system and maintains changes to existing group files. It also reviews all new group files and changes through quality assurance. Underwriting provides groups with information for filing annual ERISA reporting and is also responsible for all individual application evaluation and reviewing Incapacitated Children applications. Underwriting works closely with our Marketing department.
The Group Analyst position is responsible for assessing the quality of risk and providing financial quotes for new business experience rated local underwritten accounts. The position provides complete renewal analysis on existing local underwritten accounts. In addition, the Group Analyst supports customers by providing alternate benefit quotes, preparing ERISA reports, and completing ad hoc and other special reports.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, or Finance)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Experience in a position demonstrating a high attention to detail
- Experience using tools such as GEMS, Access, Excel, and XLogic
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work with both internal and external staff
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data
- Underwriting and/or actuarial experience beneficial
- Quantitative/analytical experience preferred
- This position may be filled at a higher level based upon experience
Terms and Agreements
By submitting a job application, I attest that all information to the best of my knowledge is true and accurate. Furthermore, I understand that any information provided by me throughout the job application process is subject to verification including, but not limited to work experience, education, assessment (test) and interviews.
We appreciate your interest in Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama 'The Company'. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status as a disabled or protected veteran, or because of citizenship status in the case of a citizen or intending citizen. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association