Bates Elementary - Nutrition Service Worker - #337715
Weber School District
Date: 07/22/2021 17:00 PM
City: Ogden, Utah
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District at Bates Elementary for a P.T. Nutrition Service Worker. This position is for 5.75 hours per day, 9 months per year. Applicants may apply on wsd.tedk12.com/hire. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 5 WORKING DAYS
The job of Part Time Nutrition Service Worker - Elementary was established for the purpose/s of cooking, baking and preparing food items that meet mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and/or school personnel; and maintaining facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Bakes one or more items for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements.
- Carry frequently up to 25 pounds a distance of 6 feet (e.g. food, supplies and equipment) for the purpose of stocking, storing, preparing and serving food and cleaning and storing equipment.
- Checks students and staff through food line for the purpose of recording food purchased and collecting monies.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Cooks food, prepared and/or from scratch, for the purpose of meeting mandated requirements and/or projected meal requirements.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Lift occasionally up to 60 pounds to a height of 36 inches and frequently up to 25 pounds to a height of 62 inches and frequently up to 15 pounds to height of 84 inches. (e.g. food, supplies, equipment) for the purpose of stocking, storing, preparing and serving food and cleaning and storing equipment.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Push, Pull Or Other Wise Move a wheeled appliance occasionally up to 75 pounds a distance of 36 inches, frequently a cart up to 50 pounds a distance of 10 feet (e.g. food, supplies and equipment) for the purpose of stocking, storing, preparing and serving food and cleaning and storing equipment.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to unit manager for the purpose of maintaining equipment in safe working order.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the type and/or cost of meals.
- Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
- Stocks food, condiments and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to adhere to safety practices.
- Must have knowledge of quantity cooking; safety practices and procedures; basic computer usage appropriate and safe usage of food preparation equipment; and health standards and hazards.
- Must be able to adapt to changing work priorities; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; and working with school age children.
Experience No job related experience is required.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.