Operations Manager - #337716
Date: 07/22/2021 17:00 PM
City: Buckley, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The SKC Shelter programs serve single adults ages 18 and older. These programs directly address the issues of homelessness in South King County by providing a safe place for homeless individuals to rest and receive a nourishing meal, as well as giving them the opportunity to stabilize and work on self-sufficiency through case management. Those who stay at the shelter are provided with case management services which focus on addressing income needs, mental health and CD issues, Veterans’ services, securing permanent affordable housing and health care for each individual. This is low-barrier inclusive program. The Operations Manager is a key member of the South King County Leadership team and works
The Operations Manager plays a crucial role in the program’s overall success as a Key member of the South King County team and oversees facilities and assists with staff development, team-building, administrative duties, and budget and financial records. They are also responsible for “paperless” records and ensuring accurate data is inputted into King County and Catholic Community Services Homeless Management Information System
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Attend weekly leadership meetings and assist Program Director, Supportive Services Manager and Advocate Supervisor with policy development and implementation, staff training and day to day operations and facilities.
- Participate in Management on-call rotation. Provide leadership and direction in resolving all client issues and crisis intervention as needed. Provide direction and support to staff by responding to emergency after-hours coverage; including on-site coverage when appropriate, ensuring minimum 24/7 staffing levels are always met.
- Oversee Facilities operations and meet weekly with Maintenance Supervisor and Advocate Supervisor to provide oversight and ensure unit inspections, quick unit turns, shelter safety and overall cleanliness and habitability of the building.
- Assist Program Director and/or serve notices to clients and coordinate unit cleanliness issues with Care team staff.
- Assist Program Director with investigating, writing and serving all client Shelter Violations, including involuntary shelter bars and exits, and participate in Shelter Re-entry committee meetings; completes these procedures in Program Director’s absence.
- Work with all program staff to ensure full electronic “paperless” operations-including care team forms, shelter intakes, assessments and attendance functions, etc. Act as agency representative to help other sites become paperless
- Assist Program Director with any informal and formal Grievances
- Assist Program Director with all payroll responsibilities
- Monitor the CCS Accounting Department’s financial reports, keeping an internal accounting of all expenditures and receipts.
- Prepare all financial information for contract reporting. The CCS reporting format must be translated and collated for one to understand the rate of overall spending, and to use for reports to our funder
- Locate and prepare facility, financial and contract information as needed for audits.
- Fill out check requests for program’s expenses. Monitor payments of accounts and communicate with vendors about over payments.
- Confirm enrollment of new clients and referrals into the HMIS and Shiftnote databases, ensuring that the information is complete and accurate for each client
- Generate reports in HMIS to ensure data quality
- Develop systems to collect missing client information
- Ensure proper entry records / exit clients from all databases who are no longer using services
- Maintain client records and HMIS consent forms in accordance with agency standards
- Coordinate and purchase supplies for the offices, kitchen, resident support and maintenance.
- Assist with soliciting donations and in-kind gifts.
- Manage contract compliance with building owner and their maintenance team, with outside food service providing vendor, and other vendors as assigned
- Solicit competitive bids for facility projects and ensure compliance with agency procurement and contract process.
- Maintain all vendor contracts.
- Work with IT to ensure all computer equipment, security cameras and other electronics are in good working order.
- Manage client assistance fund disbursement.
Observe/follow guidelines on confidentiality rights of clients and respect their privacy.
- Maintain accurate record of hours worked and turn in timesheets on schedule.
- Attend trainings required of employees as scheduled.
- Participate as team member in staff and supervisory meetings as required.
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented, culturally-diverse work environment.
This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building maintenance. Working conditions may include interruptions, working alone, interactions with angry persons, and exposure to computer CRTs
- Associates degree in Business Management, Accounting, Data Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of problems homeless men and women often face, including alcohol and drug abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, and long-term homelessness.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
- Excellent office computer skills, written and oral communication.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a staff team.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Willingness to learn and work within a diverse environment.
- Criminal history background checks are required prior to employment.
- Commitment to harm reduction program model.
- Experience working in a social service program
- Proficiency in Spanish.
- CPR / First Aid training