Medical Assistant - Front Office - #337728
Family HealthCare Network
Date: 07/22/2021 17:00 PM
City: Lucerne, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Description of Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting and monitoring patient flow.
- Responsible for performing various aspects of patient visit during check in.
- Ensures collection of nominal fees and patient balances at the time of check in.
- Responsible for obtaining medical record releases, and ensuring the processing of medical record requests.
- Follows procedures for opening and closing the health center.
- May also be required to perform back office duties.
Professional & Technical Knowledge:
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Incumbent must successfully perform a skill proficiency exam, and CLIA waived exam, within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter, if applicable.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification from a teaching institute is preferred; for some locations, Administrative Medical Assistant Certification (or equivalent certification) from a teaching institution may be considered. MA Certification from a medical doctor will be considered. Injection certification may be required.
- Valid California driver’s license