Store Assistant Manager - Santa Rosa - #337733
The Salvation Army Western USA
Date: 07/22/2021 17:00 PM
City: Marshall, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Become part of the dedicated Sales team at Salvation Army! Together we can continue serve and impact our local community. We are hiring for full-time Assistant Store Manager at our Santa Rosa store. Great opportunity to improve your leadership skills and experience while contributing to the success of our Adult Rehabilitation Program. If you are looking for a job with purpose, apply to Salvation Army!
For information on this position, please read below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes an active role and partners with the Store Manager in the day-to-day operation of the store.
- Assumes responsibility for all day-to-day store operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides coaching, training, and development to the Store Employees.
- Ensures Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and service is quick and efficient.
- In absence of Store Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift change team meetings.
- Supervise employees in performance of duties to ensure compliance with published directives and guidelines.
- Provide training for new personnel on store policies and procedures by The Salvation Army.
- In absence of Store Manager, communicate any personnel issues with District Sales Manager. May issue disciplinary warnings, conference reports, employee evaluations and goals as needed in coordination with the HR Generalist/Coordinator and District Sales Manager.
- Completes all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager; District Sales Manager; Command Retail Directors and Command Administration
- Responsible for processing of paperwork per Review Standards, especially as it relates to Time and Attendance compliance.
- Ensures store is maintained at ARC Merchandising Standards; adequate inventory levels on hand. Store is at CNO standards. Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate Rag Out from the sales floor.
- BRP (Back Room Processing) –In absence of Store Manager, ensures that the Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently to meet daily processing goals as outlined in Material Handler Standard Operating Procedures/Job Description
- In absence of Store Manager, ensures that the Sales Associate/Material Handler (s) working the donation sites are working effectively and efficiently as outlined in the Donation procedures
- Responsible for adequate amount of change at the beginning of each day, always safeguarding cash in registers and safe and banking of cash receipts as per ARCC policy
- Attends Monthly Store Meetings
- Assists the Store Manager on ensuring that safety measures are established and maintained consistent with ARC policy and governmental regulations and that hazards are reported to Administration. Assists with Weekly Store Meetings with store teams
Responsible for the protection of property and building.
- May transfer from store to store at the direction of Command Retail Directors and Command Administration
- Implement appropriate loss prevention measures
- Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by the Store Manager, District Sales Manager, Command Retail Directors and Command Administration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous Retail Management/Supervisory experience.
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to schedule and supervise store employees
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license, be able to show proof of insurance.
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, store employees, customers, and donors.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks