Bartender-Full Service Restaurant 1 - #337734
Date: 07/22/2021 17:00 PM
City: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Bartender is responsible for preparing food and drink orders serving beverages and meals to patrons as regulated by state and federal age requirements and coordinating lounge/bar activities.
- Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations).
- Requires the ability to read write and speak the English language.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience whether oral or written.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Presents menu answers questions and takes food and beverage orders from guests and/or serving staff.
- Prepares drink orders including wine liquor and beer.
- Prepare appetizers and food items according to recipes and standards.
- Monitors seating in lounge/bar area ensuring all guests are served.
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks and balances sales receipts.
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as discontinuing alcohol service and notifying management of potential problem(s).
- Clean bars work areas and tables as well as glasses utensils and bar equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and lounge station by keeping area tidy; clean and stock kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
- Plan organize and control the operations of the lounge/bar area.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Inventories liquor food supplies and equipment weekly. Order or requisition supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives dates and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
This hotel boasts a tranquil setting along the Oklahoma River, just moments from the bustling Oklahoma City Meridian Corridor. Fresh and modern, the Holiday Inn® Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport is right off I-44 and I-40 and ideally situated within walking distance of shopping, dining and entertainment.
Designed to help corporate travelers enjoy a quick commute, this hotel's facility in Oklahoma City is near Patterson UTI, UPS, Dell Computers and Stockyard area. The hotel offers features like free high-speed, wireless Internet access, a Business Center and spacious event facilities. If our guests need to catch a flight at the Oklahoma City airport, the free hotel shuttle can ensure that they make it on time.
Leisure patrons won't want to miss the vibrant Bricktown Entertainment District, which supplies fantastic food and fun, or the Outlet Malls, the area's headquarters for upscale shopping. Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum and State Fair Park, both only minutes away, offer unique experiences to visitors.
While staying at this hotel's accommodations in Oklahoma City, guests can indulge in a delicious meal or thirst-quenching drink at the on-site restaurant and lounge, go for a swim in the indoor pool, work up a sweat in the Fitness Center.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan