Part Time- Honest Green Retail Associate - #337752
United Natural Foods Inc
Date: 07/22/2021 17:30 PM
City: Providence, Rhode Island
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Part Time Retail Associate aids in the success of the store by receiving product, stocking and displaying incoming product, and maintaining store cleanliness. Serves as a model for extraordinary customer service and supports the company guiding principles through all duties performed within the position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Ensure that customers experience excellent conditions based on company standards.
- Adhere to Guiding Principles and demonstrate behaviors critical to the company's success.
- Observe and comply with company security, safety, and food safety standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job duties, equipment, and products.
- Assist management with ordering product as necessary.
- Receive product delivery, ensure order, and invoice accuracy.
- Receive, stock, rotate, tag/price, merchandise, and face product according to company standards.
- Consistently check for expired product and dispose of any expired product appropriately.
- Maintain clean and safe environment.
- Maintain back room areas according to standards.
- Operate cash register to itemize and total customer purchases
- Consistently remain aware of price changes (temporary and permanent) to ensure accuracy of changes.
- Collect cash, check, EBT, debit and charge payments from customers and make correct change when required.
- Record daily transaction amounts from register and balance cash drawer as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 6 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time