Laborer - Underground - #337756
Verita Telecommunications Corp
Date: 07/22/2021 17:30 PM
City: East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
NATURE OF WORK
Responsible for preparing the work site to locate utilities and eliminate potential hazards prior to drilling. Load, unload and transport construction
materials and tools. Hand dig to clear debris for Drill Operator, check utilities and clearances. Excavate and fill trenches and ditches. Perform installation of underground telecommunications cable and conduit. Assist with machinery maintenance and other duties as assigned. Perform job site clean-up and area restoration.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- CDL a plus.
- No prior experience required.
Requirements / Aptitude:
- Ability to work in trenches, manholes, tunnels and confined spaces and in work settings with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
- Must have valid driving license.
- Willing to work overtime when required, willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in groups.
- Dedicated, hard-working and goal focused.
- Motivated to grow and train into other positions.