Biosimilars Strategic Planning Lead - #337761
Date: 07/22/2021 17:30 PM
City: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About This Role
Biosimilars Strategic Planning Lead (BSPL), reporting directly into the Head of Biosimilars, PO&T, is responsible for developing and implementing 3- and 10-year biosimilars strategic plans that are supportive of, and integrated with the Biosimilars Business Unit (BBU) and PO&T Long Range Plans. Additionally, the BSPL will be responsible to managing the development of a PO&T cross-functional biosimilars LRP and AOP and monitoring and reporting performance to plan, all in coordination with BBU and PO&T Finance.
The BSPL supports the Head of Biosimilars in identifying and addressing key strategic questions, scenario planning, and investment prioritization by mapping out a roadmap and related actions and engaging right stakeholders to ensure alignment across key functions. This is a critical role with visibility and exposure to the ELT and senior leadership within PO&T and the BBU.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with PO&T and BBU Finance, the Heads of BBU and PO&T Strategic Planning, Supply Chain and GMTO Network Planning, Technical Development and members of the PO&T Biosimilars function to develop a 3- and 10-year strategic plan and ensure those plans are aligned with the Long Range Plan (LRP) and Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Develop and implement a process to ensure visibility and appropriate planning and oversight to PO&T cross-functional biosimilars resourcing, operating expenses and COGs in alignment BBU/PO&T/Corporate financial planning processes (LRP/AOP). Proactively map key internal and external trigger events, collaborate with finance to conduct analyses in support of the scenario planning analyses.
- Partner with Asset Development and Program Management (ADPM) and biosimilar Asset Leads to ensure appropriate product and portfolio governance, reviews and monitoring are in place and aligned with PO&T and/or best practices. Work closely with Asset Leads and Finance to generate data and input required across multiple programs and products to characterize value and risks of the portfolio and investment requirements to maximize the value.
- Support Head of Biosimilars, PO&T in identifying and addressing critical business questions by closely collaborating with Biosimilar and cross-functional team members.
- Support development of presentations and content for executive leadership up to and including the Board of Directors. Ensure appropriate management of documents, including strategic and financial plans for business continuity and agility.
Who You Are
This individual is an exceptional matrix leader with proven ability to drive effective collaborations and build credibility and strong partnership across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or related discipline required. Advanced scientific degree
- 10+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry
- 7+ years specific experience in commercialization, and or asset development, and or business planning with a thorough understanding of the end to end value chain, manufacturing & product development life cycle
- Domestic & International travel to Biogen & partner locations Barr, RTP, & APAC. (2-4 times a year depend upon COVID-19 restrictions)
- Demonstrated experience in biopharma leading complex planning activities including experience linking business planning to the annual operating and other long-range planning processes in other functions (i.e. R&D, Finance).
- Experience collaborating with senior leaders to support the development of broad organization strategies that align to company mission and vision.
- Hands-on project manager adept at establishing processes, creatively solving problems, facilitating cross-functional teams, and managing through significant ambiguity and complexity.
- MBA in science, engineering or related discipline
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to synthesize information for senior management and ability to adopt communication style to different audiences.
- Demonstrate a high degree of comfort in providing recommendations even when there is ambiguity due to uncertainty and lack of validated assumptions or in-depth knowledge.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.