Head Men’s & Women’s Volleyball Coach - #337781
Date: 07/22/2021 18:00 PM
City: Sunapee, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- Type: Full-Time Exempt
- Posted: Jul. 22, 2021
- Dept: Athletics
The Head Men’s & Women’s Volleyball Coach will report to the Director of Athletics. Responsibilities will include all aspects of coaching, student development and recruiting as well as assisting the Director of Athletics in the leadership, vision and supervision of the volleyball program.
- Perform key program planning functions for assigned team(s), in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Director of Athletics
- Serve as professional educator for all student athletes, encouraging individual as well as team goal setting, acknowledging individual challenges and achievements, encouraging academic achievement and positive social interactions at all times
- Carry out various team development tasks, including: generating on-campus participants, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during contests, modeling good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times
- Perform various administrative tasks for the program: plan and monitor budget; maintain inventory of, and project expenses related to equipment and uniforms and coordinate program schedule
- Prepare facilities for practices and home contests
- Arrange travel for away games
- Serve as liaison with other college professionals regarding at-risk student athletes. Maintain knowledge and familiarity with all student services to facilitate this liaison role
- Participate in various athletic advertising and fundraising efforts
- Maintain strict compliance with all college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations
- Assist Admissions staff in recruiting efforts as needed
- Observe safety requirements. Report safety issues and items requiring work orders to supervisor or security
- Work effectively with all college employees and students
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, high school coaches and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job
- Ability to work well with the public and cooperatively with other staff and departments
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics
- Recruit student athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities
- Bachelor's required
- Certifications appropriate to the relevant sport, division, or other regulating agency. Two years of high school or college coaching experience, with collegiate playing experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
- Basic knowledge and skills related to college athletic programs, with demonstrated skills in assigned team sports
- Demonstrated basic teaching/coaching skills
- E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu.
- Candidates who can actively contribute to racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity on campus are encouraged to include this information in the cover letter. Candidates with disabilities are also welcomed to apply.
- A complete COVID vaccination is a condition of employment as of August 1, 2021.
- If you prefer to fill out an application please contact Human Resources at 603-526-3584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colby-Sawyer College is a comprehensive liberal arts-based institution located in scenic Central New Hampshire, recognized for the excellence of its academic and co-curricular programs. Our faculty and staff consider it an important and welcome aspect of their jobs to get to know, encourage, inspire, and offer guidance to each of our students.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.