CCCI Regional Media Specialist - #337809
Red Gate Group
Date: 07/22/2021 18:00 PM
City: Tampa, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At RED GATE we do everything we can to serve our clients:
Using the right technical skills, unique methodologies, best practices, and integrated technology, we help clients implement bold solutions. New approaches to emerging and evolving threats. Non-traditional ways to overcome entrenched obstacles. Advantage through opportunity. If you have a serious challenge or problem, we can help you solve it. The below job description provides details on how this role will help to serve our clients.
Red Gate Group supports collecting, translating, and interpreting information for senior leader decision-making, specifically regarding public opinion and the media with a comprehensive understanding of military, political, social, and economic issues that USCENTCOM requires the ability to monitor, along with media activities domestically and in the USCENTCOM AOR, for relevance to USCENTCOM and to provide the Commander the ability to ensure distribution of accurate and timely official information, correct misinformation and support counter propaganda efforts as defined in this performance work statement (PWS), except as specified in Section 3.0 as Government-furnished property (GFP) and services, at MacDill AFB, FL.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public affairs, journalism, and/or international affairs.
- Fluency/expertise in speaking, writing and reading at least one USCENTCOM AOR language, e.g. Arabic, Farsi, Russian, Turkish, Urdu/Pashto, Hebrew, or Mandarin, and/or Dari (3/3/3 or higher desired).
- Deemed expert analyst of foreign media sources, government-sponsored media outlets, and current events and affairs, including trend analysis on key issues developing over time, a range of foreign affairs complex issues, and public opinion and media sentiment, etc. historically, politically, socially, culturally and economically.
- In-depth knowledge of international relations, and especially United States government regional interests, including worldwide trade, international and/or regional law, US foreign policy and regional policy, economics, domestic security, terrorism, and regional environment/geography.
- Skilled researcher with continuing and advanced academic study of a region of specialty, and therefore able to provide insightful, objective analysis that can be a key instrumental factor in assisting CCCI with the formulation of a present approach to communications and future goals.
- Vast knowledge of and expertise in the geopolitics, cultures, histories, customs, and nuances of USCENTCOM AOR countries. The course of educational study in one or more of these areas is preferred.
- Ability to provide timely and contextual analysis of foreign media sources, including trend analysis and media sentiment on issues impacting the USCENTCOM AOR.
- In-depth knowledge of culture-specific mainstream media communications and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of how to conduct research to determine key foreign communicators (government officials, journalists, religious leaders, etc.) their leanings and target audiences.
- Experience with Associated Press (AP) Style, Microsoft Office Suite, and SharePoint.
- Advanced educational background, preferably masters or doctoral level and/or ten or more years of work experience in public affairs, journalism, communications, foreign affairs, political science, or international affairs, plus applicable languages..
- Knowledge of the U.S. military structure, culture, and language, as well as the broader U.S. national security apparatus.
- Excellent proven communication and briefing capabilities, public affairs and relations, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a team and coordinate and advise on important communication integration projects.
- Previous U.S. military or Department of Defense experience is a plus, as is working with broader U.S. Government entities, especially the U.S. Department of State.
- Knowledge of social media applications and technologies, including FaceBook, Twitter, etc.
The Red Gate Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Red Gate Group, Ltd. considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law