Laboratory Assistant (Phlebotomist) - #337812
Austin Regional Clinic
Date: 07/22/2021 18:00 PM
City: Pflugerville, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ABOUT AUSTIN REGIONAL CLINIC:
Austin Regional Clinic has been voted a top Central Texas employer by our employees for over 10 years! We are one of central Texas’ largest professional medical groups with 25+ locations and we are continuing to grow. We offer the following benefits to eligible team members: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Child Care Assistance, Health & Fitness, Sick Child Care Assistance, Development and more. For additional information visit https://www.austinregionalclinic.com/careers/
PURPOSE: Obtains blood specimens from patients using venipuncture and capillary collection methods from patients of all ages from newborn to child, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Processes specimens by following laboratory policies and procedures. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
- Collects laboratory specimens from patients of all ages.
- Processes laboratory specimens according to protocol.
- Demonstrates appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Utilizes computer information systems
- Adheres to organization and governmental standards, rules and regulations.
- Performs clerical duties
- Promotes professional customer service.
- Adheres to all company policies, including but not limited to, OSHA, HIPAA, compliance and Code of Conduct.
- Regular and dependable attendance.
- Follows the core competencies set forth by the Company, which are available for review on CMSweb.
- Works holiday shift(s) as required by Company policy.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Phlebotomy class preferred.
Experience: Either completion of phlebotomy class or at least one year of experience with adults and pediatrics preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prioritizes workload to efficiently provide Providers with information necessary.
- Performs specimen collection according to requirements and standard operating procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety collection devices and follows universal precautions.
- Adheres to patient confidentiality policy.
- Initiates assistance to co-workers and customers as needed.
- Complies with laboratory ordering and billing compliance.
- Assists with training new employees/students.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and assists with storage.
- Maintains cleanliness of laboratory.
- Reports complaints/problems to supervisor or person in charge.
- May be required to flex to other clinics.
- Performs waived testing and resulting with supervisory discretion.
- Check laboratory appointment schedule daily for orders.
- Responsible for ensuring draw area is restocked and sharps containers/biohazard trash containers are emptied.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certificate/License: Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-1:30pm