Facilities Maintenance Worker CL2 (Grounds) - #337841
University of Southern Maine
Date: 07/22/2021 18:30 PM
City: Gorham, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Statement of Job:
The University of Southern Maine is looking for motivated individuals to join our Grounds team! We are currently accepting applications for a Grounds position on our Gorham campus! The work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm
This is a full time regular position that is core to USM's ability to deliver an exceptional and affordable educational experience to students in Maine and across the country; AND an opportunity for you to advance your education with our tuition waiver program!
Pay is $13.26 per hour and offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes: vacation, sick and holiday pay, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, a tuition waiver program for employees and their spouse or dependent child(ren), a 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing manual work necessary to maintain cleanliness, orderliness, appearance and sanitation of University campus grounds, roads, walks and buildings. This is an essential position with the expectation that incumbents report to work on snow/storm days and other days when campus is closed.
- Maintains facilities and grounds.
- Mowing; weed removal; trimming trees; picking-up litter.
- Shoveling; snow blowing; snow removal.
- Operates and maintains a variety of vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with members of the Facilities Management team, University administration, the campus community, and external clients and customers.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
For a complte Job Description, click here.
- Valid Maine Driver's License
- High school diploma or equivalent AND sufficient experience, including one year of grounds related work experience.
- Proven ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying equipment and materials up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; and must be capable of standing for long periods of time and flexible enough for bending and reaching
- Experience operating grounds related equipment.
Benefits Information Summary
Want to know more about employment, benefits and local resources? Our Employment webpage has additional information to help you become more familiar with developing a new career at USM as well as exploring everything the Greater Southern Maine area has to offer.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply to Job". Materials must be submitted via "Apply to Job". You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application which includes contact information for three professional references.
All required materials must be submitted by August 8, 2021.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
The University of Southern Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran's status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Office, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
Work Year Calendar:
Fiscal Year (12 Months)