Body Worn Camera Analyst - #337855
City of Springfield, MA
Date: 07/22/2021 19:00 PM
City: East Hartland, Connecticut
Salary: $59,673 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position oversees the maintenance and administration of the Department’s Body Worn Cameras. This position is responsible for researching and retrieving information and providing copies of videos for court purposes, agency requests and state and federal record requests. The Body Worn Camera Analyst will testify in court regarding data security, chain of custody, integrity of evidentiary data, and collection and retention protocols related to departmental videos. Work is performed under the direction and supervision of the Lieutenant assigned to the Body Worn Camera Unit. No supervision is exercised over other employees.
- Establish and maintain electronic video evidence as it relates specifically to body worn camera video and related disclosure requirements according to the policy.
- Process and prepare outside requests for information, which includes court requests, subpoenas, agency requests, and FOIA and Massachusetts Public Record requests. Ensure responses are provided in a timely fashion, adhere to state and federal statute, and are recorded according to departmental protocol.
- Assists in responding to various requests, such as open record requests.
- Retrieve, redact and distribute requests in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with, interpret, apply, and explain codes, laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Coordinate and track data retention, disseminate video evidence to requesting parties, fulfill freedom of information requests
- Assist other agencies with processing and understanding requests.
- Provides technical assistance, instruction, and training of software.
- Prepare reports and correspondence when required.
- Other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Follows established guidelines to ensure data is handled to evidentiary standards and retention schedule is followed.
- Follow the policy for proper use, management, storage, and retrieval of video and audio data recorded by BWC’s.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft, Linux, and Mac OSX operating and file systems, related desktop applications and of related enterprise application architecture.
- Working experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher preferred.
- Current certification in Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro, or other mainstream video editing software platform strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the Massachusetts Public Records Law and Freedom of Information Act.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment, particularly with reference to filing, record keeping, and cross-indexing systems.
- Manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information clearly, logically and persuasively.
- Knowledge of public disclosure laws.
- Ability to maintain CORI clearance and abide by confidentiality regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates officials and the public.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion and sound decision making when handling sensitive information.
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, various shifts, and rotate days off.
- Must be able to sit for long periods in reviewing video evidence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, or closely related field.
- Two (2) years general work experience related in the field of Information Technology to include.
- Two (2) years in the use of video editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro, etc.; or any combination of experience and training which enables one to perform the essential job functions.
- Must possess LEVA Forensic Video Analyst certification (LEVA levels 1, 2, and 3) or obtain within the first year of employment.