Production Supervisor - #337865
Date: 07/22/2021 19:00 PM
City: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Hazleton, PA, US, 18201
Job Category: Bakery Operations
Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands like La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Production Supervisor - 3rd shift
- Production Manager
Supervises bakery production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent sanitation practices in concert with overall company goals and vision to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. Ensures that necessary tools, supplies and equipment are available to perform production tasks effectively. Schedules staff and prioritizes workload in order to manage team hours to allotted budget. Performs training, compliance, recordkeeping, and duties related to achieving production objectives..
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. May become actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. . Understand and implements the knowledge in the Aspire Bakeries values throughout the facility and your teams to ensure continuous improvement for the company, customers, and employees
- Lead and monitor production line tasks
- Execute production plan.
- Ensure tasks are performed according to standard procedures and regulations.
- Investigate and resolve production and personnel issues as they arise.
- Account for 100% of raw materials consumed in mixing.
- Ensure Production and QA details are properly recorded.
- Schedule/assign subordinate staff tasks to meet production goals and objectives.
- Ensure accurate timekeeping.
- Evaluate performance.
- Assure effective employee relations.
- Prepare and submit data for production reporting.
- Prepare daily production report.
- Perform continuous improvement review.
- Analyze production runs and make suggestions for improvement
- Observe condition of plant floor to identify improvement opportunities and make suggestions for improvement.
- Perform and report on accident investigations.
- Reconcile daily down-time.
- Confer with maintenance and production managers daily on production line issues.
- Determine causes and suggest possible solutions
- Personnel Management
- Hire, train, coach and manage Production team.
- Measure employee and team performance.
- Review and approve time cards.
- Set forth standards for safety.
- Ensure accident/loss prevention and security policies are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- 3-4 years manufacturing experience including supervisory experience.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel and Word and SAP.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 20% of total work time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a manufacturing warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
- The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.