FRONT DESK WORKER - #337866
The National Conference Ctr
Date: 07/22/2021 19:00 PM
City: Adamstown, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Welcome and accommodate guests and staff in an effective and courteous manner. Directly participates in operating a traditional 24-hour, seven days a week, hotel-style front desk operation. Answers external and internal telephone calls taking and delivering messages as needed. Provides guest services at the conference center so each staff member and guest experiences a positive impression of the facility. Works in conjunction with all guest service employees. Deals with any conference center guests and employees who require or request hospitality services.
Empowered to make decisions that directly effect the guest’s experience in a positive fashion.
- The front desk will be staffed to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- After training, must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Utilizes the radio/paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- Acts as the Rapid Response attendant during his/her absence.
- Assists in coordinating registration functions for all guests.
- Daily front desk checklist tasks that include:
- Check in and check out functions.
- Guest orientation of the local area and the conference center facilities.
- Preparation and hand out of name tags, parking passes, and other orientation information.
- Proper telephone service techniques and Rapid Response operation.
- Handling of guest mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Coordinate reservations for guest transportation.
- Full understanding and utilization of the property management system.
- Familiarization with night audit functions.
- Assist all guests in any way possible.
- Maintain a limited supply of sundries.
The National is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity.