Fitness Center Tech (Temporary) - #337868
Maricopa Community Colleges
Date: 07/22/2021 19:00 PM
City: San Carlos, Arizona
Salary: $1,750 - $2,350 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Hiring Salary Range
$17.50 - $23.50 hourly
Not Eligible for Benefits
This is a part-time, temporary position not eligible for benefits.
Flexible schedule Monday – Saturday (will schedule around academic schedule)
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona’s Best Employers
At Mesa Community College, diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We honor the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, socioeconomic background, immigrant status, language, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, nationality, and intellectual perspective, enrich the college community. We continuously adapt and respond to differences with a single focus - to create a welcoming, safe, equitable, and inclusive environment that ensures all students and employees have the support and knowledge to succeed and thrive. MCC is committed to building and sustaining a workplace that reflects our community and student population. Our goal is that our students and employees have the knowledge and skills necessary to excel, lead, navigate, and thrive in a diverse world.
This position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day facilities, operations, and procedures of the fitness center. The duties may include customer service, cleaning and sanitizing equipment and facility, customer service, policy enforcement, and set-up for classes. Positions available at both the Southern and Dobson Campus Fitness Center and Red Mountain Campus Fitness Center
- Meet, greet, and give tours as needed, as participants enter and exit the fitness center
- Manage proper policy on checking in and checking out registered participants for entry to fitness center and programs Facilitate check in process with Fitness Trac Software
- Provide assistance to participants regarding fitness center facilities, operations, policies, and procedures
- Provide fitness center tours and basic fitness equipment use orientations as needed
- Ensure towels and cleaning supplies are stocked and available for use
- Responsible for answering incoming phone calls with a professional, kind, and caring manner and document messages on participant inquiries to include follow up
- Responsible for facility opening and/or closing procedures
- Assist in projects, marketing, and promoting of programs and events
- Follow emergency care procedures in the event of an injury or emergency
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Regularly and frequently monitor the fitness floor and clean and sanitize equipment, for health and safety, ensure all participants are following policies and procedures.
- Facilitate user request and feedback and forward to wellness fitness supervisor
- Maintain a professional work environment which makes user feel safe and welcome at all times
- Understand all program policies and procedures
- Serve as a resource for participant questions and concerns
- Know the fitness center services, schedules, activities, and events
- Attend department meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Assist wellness fitness supervisor and performs other duties assigned as needed
Provides intermediate to advanced administrative, office, academic/instructional support, program/project support, technical or facilities support performing work requiring limited skill or knowledge of policies, procedures, processes, software, tools and equipment under general supervision; work may vary from specific instructions. High School Diploma or may require an Associates’ degree with up to 3 years’ related work experience, or the equivalent.
Special Working Conditions
- Positions located at both the Southern and Dobson Campus and Red Mountain Campus
- May require working remotely
- May require some evenings or weekends
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- Work alternating open and close shifts
- May be required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Kelley.Lafer@mesacc.edu by August 15, 2021. Do not apply through the careers webpage portal. Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act