Medical Call Center Representative - #337887
Katzen Eye Group
Date: 07/22/2021 19:00 PM
City: Piney Point, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Katzen Eye Group is Searching For A Patient Focused and Energetic Call Center Associate In Our Lutherville Office
Katzen Eye Group in Towson has an exciting career opportunity for candidates with either call center or a strong customer service background. We are a progressive, multi-location, fast paced ophthalmology practice. Interested candidates should be comfortable working independently and as a team member. If you are energetic and ready to take your career in customer service to the next level then this is the position for you.
If you don’t have all the skills listed below, don’t be discouraged. No resume paints a complete picture of a person. There is a good chance that you are more wonderful than you think. So please apply.
- Schedule appointments for patients
- Answer telephone calls promptly and in a polite and professional manner
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic and all relevant appointment information into Centricity EMR (date of birth, name, telephone number, name of insurance, name of referring doctor, reason for visit, etc.)
- Schedule appointments correctly and follow appropriate guidelines and workflows. Review the appointment date, time, location, name of the doctor, the medical records request from the patient’s previous eye doctor, and the No Show fee with the patient
- Inform the patient to bring in his or her insurance card and government-issued photo I.D. to the appointment and to arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment.
- Answer questions and offer other relevant and pertinent information, as requested, to provide patient-focused and patient-oriented service and an extremely positive impression of our wonderful practice
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the practice
- Direct calls to other extensions as needed, e.g., surgical coordinators, supervisors, the Lasik department, etc.
- Use sound judgment when handling calls, particularly with upset patients
Understand when there is a need to escalate the call to a supervisor
- Collect and process MVA from fees
- Collect balance payments over the phone
- Meet the average handle time of 3 minutes.
- Previous verifiable call center and or heavy customer service experience required
In Turn We Will Offer:
- Benefits to full time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401K and short and long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parking where applicable
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected
- Clear career ladder opportunities