Courtesy Officer - #337897
Westmont Hospitality Group
Date: 07/22/2021 19:30 PM
City: Gateway, Colorado
Salary: $17 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Courtesy Officer is responsible to patrol the property four times each evening five (5) days per week Monday - Saturday. On Sunday as the office is closed the Courtesy Officer will need to do rounds six times per day and must be on property 24 hours (recommended patrol times would be 9AM, Noon, 3PM, 6PM , 9PM and 12 Midnight. The Courtesy Officer ensures a safe environment is maintained and reminds guests of policies and procedures of the property. The Officer must be able to establish good communication and professional working relationships when dealing with guests. The Courtesy Officer is required to live on property during the term of employment, and is required to be on call five (5) days a week from 7:00PM to 7:00AM. The Courtesy Officer is required to complete one thorough inspection of the property between the hours of 7:00PM - 7:00AM, five (5) days per week and conduct three additional inspections during the shift. Total hours actually worked throughout shift must be recorded in the time and attendance system.
Recommended times to patrol the property is 7PM, 9PM, 11PM and 1AM. Ensure that all storage and employee areas are secured nightly. Obtain guest list nightly to ensure that the correct guest is allowed access to rooms and property if necessary (charge guests where applicable). Obtain Vacant Room report to ensure all vacant rooms are secured nightly Notify Hotel Manager immediately of any safety, security, and/or violations of policy Notify Hotel Manager of any guest concerns resolved or left unresolved in night security report Assist guests with minor maintenance and housekeeping issues Document all rounds and any incidents on the Courtesy Officer Checklist Complete the Daily Action Plan and leave in designated area as directed by the General Manager.
- Help maintain the grounds from litter and debris by removing litter and debris from the grounds. Effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues by guest.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing proper uniform and nametags while working.
- Arrive to work when scheduled, be alert for overnight shift.
- Be familiar and maintain Westmont Standards and Respond to guest complaints and/or concerns in a professional and courteous manner both in person and on the phone, including but not limited to resolving housekeeping and engineering
- Report any shortage of forms or supplies to the Hotel Manager Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around the building and/or rooms.
- Follow the procedure that is explained to you by the Hotel Manager on how to handle these individuals. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel and document observations on daily security report. Maintain ongoing and current knowledge of emergency procedures. Investigate accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities.
- Document details and advise management. Document medically treated and non-treated injuries. Respond and react to disturbances affecting guests and hotel staff according to hotel procedures
- Follow written and verbal instruction. Operate a portable radio or other communication devices. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school diploma preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent and graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize the PMS
- Basic understanding in utilizing the features available in Microsoft word and excel.
- Possess and demonstrate the ability to independently evaluate problems, issues, or challenges and develop, investigate, and implement solutions to resolve these challenges.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred, but not required.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator and prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and help resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the