LPN - Occupational Health - #337911
Date: 07/22/2021 19:30 PM
City: Stevens, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Schedule and Location
Full-time: Days, no weekends or holidays
912 Russell Dr, Lebanon, PA 17042
Under general supervision of the Practice Manager and/or Site Director, provides safe, accurate and highly reliable care and services to patients as part of the Occupational Health team in a unique practice environment with a mission to support area employers in providing a safe and healthy work place environment. Works in a specialized health record platform designed to identify company specified orders and requirements. Delivers care to patients, performs treatments, assists providers, conducts multiple tests, administers medications and instructs patients accordingly in four primary visit categories including nurse-only visits, travel clinic visits with administration of multiple vaccines, work related injury treatment and management visits, and physical examinations including DOT, Bus, FAA, pre-employment, and OSHA Respirator Exams. Performs front desk/clerical responsibilities that include registration of patients, discharge, referrals, scheduling appointments and answering phones in the clinic which require strong technology skills and proficiency in technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- References employer requirements and specifications for treatment and procedures utilizing the unique electronic health record platform and executes these as documented.
- Assists providers with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care. Obtains and documents reason for visit, patient personal health history, patient vital signs including pain scale with duration and subjective/objective findings as appropriate. Prepares patient for scheduled procedures by assuring patient is undressed and appropriately gowned
- Collects specimens as directed by Provider and/or as directed in employer specifications. Accurately and reliably follows DOT and other regulatory protocols as applicable in performing drug and alcohol testing. Uses appropriate equipment and protocols for collecting, handling specimens, processing the Custody and Control forms, labeling and preparing for transportation to lab including proper identification, storage procedures and techniques.
- Considers the perspectives and needs of both the employer and the patient when delivering care and incorporates both in the overall experience delivery. Embraces the priorities of timeliness, accuracy, reliability and communication in every element of the patient and employer encounter.
- Ensures all patient care areas are kept clean, tidy and are adequately stocked with unexpired supplies and medications.
- Handles and stores instruments, equipment, and supplies appropriately. Assesses sterility of equipment, operational effectiveness, ensures they are intact, and supplies are available.
- Participates as assigned in routine calibrations, inspections, and other quality controls.
- Completes necessary documentation and paperwork in a timely manner and facilitates scheduling of appointments for patients who are ordered diagnostic or additional therapeutic services.
- Maintains patient records to ensure an accurate and thorough record of the patient’s medical treatment.
- Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
- Under the direct supervision of a Physician/APC, prepares and administers vaccines, and injectable medications, as prescribed and as competencies permit. Utilizes the Six Rights of Medication Administration. Asks prescribed screening questions, identifies risks and contraindications, questions and observes for appropriate responses or adverse reactions.
- Documents all treatments provided, and education given to patient effectively.
- As certified competent to do so, performs basic office procedures, examinations, and/or tests ordered by the Physician/APC and/or as specified by the employer (i.e. EKGs, Audiograms, PFT’s, Urine Drug Screens, Breath Alcohol Screens, PPD admin and read, ear lavage, vision tests etc.).
- Provides health care information materials and reviews with patient and family members as directed by Physician/APC (i.e. VIS sheets etc.).
- Under the direction of the Physician/APC, tracks, reviews, and monitors the follow-up of diagnostic test results to ensure the Physician/APC have verified and the patient has been notified. Relays information to patient from the provider regarding results and follow-up instructions.
- Independently able to perform clerical functions and competency with the Systoc EMR system.
- Performs front desk functions in addition to nursing functions including registration of patients in EMR system, referral of patients, discharge of patients clerically, faxing, scanning, emailing results to employers. Ability to answer phones in the clinic and schedule appointments.
- Obtains basic health information from patient/family members to review with Physician/APC or clinical resource person at the time of the visit or over the phone. Uses this information to assist Physician/APC in determining the urgency for care or an alternative venue for care for patients with acute problems, should access not be readily available at the practice.
- Gives basic care information to patients/family members per provider guidelines and instructions.
- Uses Universal Precautions with every patient and visitor encounter.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 year of Medical Practice experience
- Minimum Education:
- Certificate of completion (degree or diploma) from an accredited LPN program
- Required Certification:
- Current LPN license in PA; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification