Part Time/Adjunct Adult Education Instructor - Grant Funded - #337914
State of Georgia
Date: 07/22/2021 19:30 PM
City: Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- instructing students, developing program syllabi, goals and objectives;
- evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives;
- ensuring student learning outcomes are attained and appropriately recorded;
- maintaining program certification requirements, as appropriate;
- preparing and maintaining required documentation and administrative reports;
- maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences;
- ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom;
- meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students.
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture, and the Part Time/Adjunct Instructor must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require split teaching days and/or evenings between campus locations. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within this program and also work diligently to maximize positive student outcomes.
NOTE: Only on-campus opportunities exist at this time.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Education or a related field
- One year of full-time (or equivalent), paid teaching experience
- Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in usage of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Education or a related field.
- Three years of full-time, paid teaching experience.
- Active participation in appropriate professional/occupational organizations.
Work is typically performed in a classroom environment with intermittent sitting or walking in various settings. The employee occasionally lifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.